Toddler and
pre-schoolers take to the iPad and iPhone like the proverbial duck to water.
There's something so intuitive and simple about touching things on the screen
that they just dive in without needing to be shown how it all works.
Even children as young
as 3 years of age can use an iPad to some degree, so long as you're careful about
them not damaging it. Having a case that's tough enough to protect it from
the inevitable bumps and scrapes it's going to have to endure is good idea. The most
amazing part of technology is the same child (read my 5 year old son) who can’t
even hold a pencil without dropping it twice will be able to handle a tablet for
hours together without getting it scratched. Yes that’s the beauty of a
gadget……so why not exploit it for the benefit of the parents too. Let’s
not deny the fact that even the
adults too always find this tablet pretty amazing… The day I bought an Ipad, it
was just for the heck of new technology in my hands. Frankly, for the
first few days I thought it was just an instrument for using facebook
conveniently. The other thing that was bothering me was that the iPad didn’t
have Word Processor or Publisher, then how was I going to use it for planning my
work. But within couple of months I
discovered more and more apps and I became confident with the device. I was sure
that an investment in this technology was going to be worthwhile and ultimately
I could even use it to impact children's
learning. Actually I realized this when my then 4 year old, was showing
interest and was wanting to play more and more with it. He had his own folder
of kids game and kids study on the iPad. To my surprise whenever I asked him to
study, he happily bought the iPad and learnt to count, do simple subtraction
and addition problems, recognize different shapes, listen to stories, learn alphabets, begin to spell out words and
learn how to write letters, all this with very little guidance or support - he
was having fun learning! Even My train journeys had become interesting. Earlier
when my son use to bother me and others in the compartment with his dare devil stunts,it used to leave me aghast. Now train journeys have converted into fun
learning journeys with more and more mother-child bonding.
If we thought that
ipad does wonders with only tiny ones than we are not aware of the fact of how it can help with the teenagers who are always struggling with some or the other
assignment. If you have a word the parent of some 10-12 year child, you will
hear all the frightful stories about their projects. Now here if someone gives your child a professional assistance for
brainstorming, analyzing and organizing information, planning projects, and
studying, what would call him as – Nothing just an App.
I can safely conclude that these gadgets are one of the
best educational devices designed for children’s learning and entertainment and
if one really wants to, one can exploit them to any extent possible.
Gr8 job!! i really wish you continue with it! these things are pretty unwinding if you keep the ball rolling :D best of luck :D
ReplyDeleteYup I even want to really roll this ball well. let's see how good or bad it works!! Well thanxs any ways ...
ReplyDelete